Corona Family Law Attorney

Corona Office
1101 California Ave, Suite 210
Corona, CA 92881

Home Firm Overview Attorneys FAQ Contact Us
Fill out a free case analysis if you are considering divorce. Find out what happens when you enlist our help for your case. Read why we are serious about pursuing positive results.

Restraining Order Lawyer in Corona

Need to stop domestic abuse?

Restraining orders are legal injunctions intended to keep a person from doing something. Most commonly, they are used to prevent someone from committing repeat offenses of domestic abuse, whether they be against a spouse, romantic partner or family member. The restraining order is designed to provide the victim with protection from harm and from continued abuse or harassment.

Looking for an attorney for restraining orders in Corona? At the Law Offices of John Joseph Buckey, Jr. & Associates, we help people in Corona, Riverside and the surrounding areas handle restraining orders. Whether you need one taken out against someone or one has been taken out against you, we're ready to help.

How do I get a restraining order?

If you have been the victim of threats, harassment, physical abuse or any other similar behavior, you can most likely get a restraining order. This is a legal order that the person who has mistreated you has to stay away. It has the power of granting you temporary possession of the home-regardless of whose name is on the lease or title-as well as temporary child custody and visitation. It can even prohibit the abuser from possessing a firearm.

If you have been the victim of any type of domestic violence, we encourage you to get in touch with our attorneys right away. We will work quickly to protect you and your family from harm by helping you obtain a restraining order.

What do I do if there is a restraining order against me?

A restraining order can lead to long-term problems. It can prevent you from seeing your children. It can even prevent you from returning to your home. If false allegations of domestic violence have led to a restraining order against you, we can help you clear your name. We will work hard to sort this out so you can return to life as usual. Whether you are subject to an automatic order as a result of a domestic violence call to the police or if the alleged victim secured the order by petitioning the court, we want to help you. One thing you must not do is to communicate with the alleged victim, even if that person has initiated contact with you. Enforcement of the order is not at the discretion of the victim-it is a court order with the full force of law, and you must secure the permission of the court in order to resume contact.

With nearly two decades of proven legal experience, we are prepared to take on even the most challenging cases and we encourage you to contact us today for a free initial consultation.



Google Plus