Corona Family Law Attorney

Corona Office
1101 California Ave, Suite 210
Corona, CA 92881

Home Firm Overview Attorneys FAQ Contact Us
Fill out a free case analysis if you are considering divorce. Find out what happens when you enlist our help for your case. Read why we are serious about pursuing positive results.

Corona Modification Attorney

How to Change Your Divorce Orders

Corona family attorney

The court retains the right to modify the terms of your divorce even after issuing the final terms for matters such as child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support. To make such a modification, however, a significant change in life circumstances is required - the family law judge will not approve a petition which appears to be frivolous or unnecessary.

Looking for an attorney for modifying a court order in Corona?

At the Law Offices of John Joseph Buckey, Jr. & Associates, our attorneys are familiar with the types of life changes that can lead to modification of divorce orders. We can help you to determine whether your situation is likely to appear to serve as grounds for a modification, and if you have a case we will work diligently to persuade the judge to approve your request. You are legally bound to abide by the court orders you received at the end of your divorce, but you have a right to request a change when the orders are making life difficult.

Modifications of Child Custody and Visitation Arrangements

  • Do you have reason to believe that your former spouse is living a lifestyle that involves drugs or other dangers to your child's welfare?
  • Have you started a new job that requires you to work longer hours so you are away from your children more?
  • Have you improved the conditions which led you to be awarded only visitation and not full child custody at the time of your divorce?

These are just some of the situations that could allow you to pursue modification of custody and visitation arrangements.

Modifications of Child Support or Spousal Support

The most common reason for seeking a change to child support or spousal support arrangements is a significant change in income, such as job loss or a promotion. Of course, child support is tied to child custody. If custody arrangements change, support arrangements may have to be modified as well. Don't simply stop paying your support obligations-you could be subjected to harsh legal penalties including wage garnishment, driver's license suspension or even charges of contempt of court. Similarly, don't think that you have to simply deal with the situation if you are receiving less than you require in support. You have a right to request a larger support payment, and you might be successful in convincing the judge to approve your request.

Contact our family law firm today by calling 951-547-1937 to get started on your case today! Our attorneys in Corona can help you better understand your options at this time.



Google Plus